Sunday, April 10, 2011

promise?

Tonight I was driving in my car on the way to Walgreens, singing loudly with my roommate, windows rolled down, music turned way up, and there was a split second when I had this amazing picture of what God has done in so many people's hearts even in just the past semester.  I love having short, unexpected moments like that with God where He's like, oh hey I'm going to hit you in the face with My power and glory and love when you least expect it.  So that was tonight.
I've been thinking lately a lot about His promises, especially the ones where He promises to do work when we try to do work for Him.  I get so excited when I think about how much I want to influence people for Christ around me and then I am hit hard with Satan's arrows. You are just Kathryn. You are kind of loud and a little too much for some people. You know God, but how can you expect to help others to know God? You will try to show others this God that you know, but you will fail. 
Creepy, right? It actually pisses me off that the devil's lies can seep into even the extremely positive areas of my life, even into my relationship with God, and I just believe them!  I would love to be able to say that once I remember God's truths and promises, the devil is done forever and I never have to deal with him again, but I can't.  What I can say, though, is that God trumps him every time. And that is sweet.
God trumps him with stuff like this,
"For as the rain and snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall be my word that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it."  Isaiah 55:10-11
and this, 
"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee." James 4:7
and this,
"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him."   James 1:5

I can't always wrap my mind around these promises, but I claim them. I believe in them. I've seen them carried out and I trust that that will never change. legit.

To bring it all back together, satan is also trumped when I think about how much God has done in my life and in the lives around me. It is beautiful and full of light.




No comments:

Post a Comment