Thursday, April 7, 2011

My cup overflows.

This morning as I got out of bed, I was overwhelmed with the realization of how much the Lord has blessed me.  First of all, in just accepting and claiming the truth that God is faithful, His mercies never come to an end, they are new every morning (Lam 3:22-3).  I mean, this is TRUE.  Literally, it is morning, and I know that I am covered by His love.  I experience His mercies and grace on a daily basis.  I'm sitting here listening to my roommate sing loudly to Justin Bieber in her room as she's getting ready for the day, and I realize how much I love my life.  That may seem like a silly reason, but that is where I find God's love and grace. In the fact that He loves us enough to forgo giving us what we deserve and instead lavishes His grace upon us in the huge and small things.  And how great is it that He knows exactly what can make my day? I love it.
You may have noticed that I claim to be a sheep.  I love that God gives us so many examples of what we can relate to His relationship with us.  The picture of being the sheep of His hand (Ps. 95), with Him as my Shepherd (Ps. 23) is one that I particularly connect with and strive to actualize in my life.  I want to be a sheep, blindly following my Shepherd, trusting in Him.  I also find great comfort in knowing that even if all 99 of the other sheep on are track, He will still come back to get me when I go the wrong way, for His love is that great for me (Luke 15, Isaiah 53).  I can see the ways in which He has been my Shepherd, making me lie down in green pastures (not brown- I'm allergic to hay), and leading me beside still waters instead of dangerous, whirpooly white water (I'm not the best swimmer).  Not only does He keep me from danger and dissatisfaction, but He goes above and beyond, filling up my cup and then some.
I would try to sit here and describe all of the things and people God has put in my life that are making my cup spill over, but I honestly don't think I could actually put it into words.
I'm thankful that God created me to be His child, to be in relationship with Him, and because He loves me. I'm also thankful for this...









"The Lord is my Shepherd; I have all that I need." Psalm 23:1

No comments:

Post a Comment