Tuesday, April 12, 2011

just so wrong.

So, still reading Mark.  Isn't it funny that when we read the Bible, and it's a passage in which the disciples just really don't understand or say something really stupid to Jesus, we are just baffled at their ignorance and can't believe they are so dumb?  Like we know better?! At least Jesus got in their faces when they were wrong and they realized it immediately! I, on the other hand, am very often wrong, but I go along thinking I'm very right for quite some time before Jesus gets in my face.  That typically isn't a very pretty picture.
In Mark chapter 8, Jesus and His disciples are on a boat and the men start freaking out because they realize they've forgotten to bring food, and there is only one loaf of bread between them.  I would think that's a pretty good reason to worry, typically.  The only thing is, they had Jesus with them. So, worrying in general was probably just a pretty dumb idea.  The even bigger deal, however, is that they had JUST seen Jesus provide for several thousand people on numerous occasions with very little food.  Very recently, He had provided for 5,000 men (+ women and children) with only 12 loaves of bread and a few fish, and then on another occasion fed 4,000 with seven loaves and some fish.  Yet, they were worried because there were twelve of them and one loaf of bread. Whatever would they do??
Again, story of my life. God provides, my cup is overflowing, all of my needs are met and then some.  Along comes a bump in the road and I am at a loss at what I will do, this dilemma is so huge, and my life MUST be over.  Again, I am forgetting that Jesus just fed a large bunch of people with a few pieces of bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment