Friday, May 13, 2011

FREEEDOOOMMMM!!! (kind of like braveheart...)

I am DONE with school for a good little bit, and now on to bigger and better things! I am so excited about my summer, and even more excited for what God is going to be doing in a lot of people's lives this summer. I can't WAIT to get to Pigeon Forge and get going in the groove of things as a team leader at STP! I am definitely preparing myself for one of the hardest summers of my life, but I trust that God is good and He wants the best for me, so I am ready to take on anything He throws my way (with His help, of course).
Yesterday I had one of those moments where I was hanging out with God and I got super excited about who He is.  Usually when these things happen, I feel like I'm going to burst, and weigh my options about the social acceptableness of me breaking out into song.  I was sitting in Starbucks and there were several high school students around me studying for their finals, so I resisted. But I worshipped God in my heart for sure.  Take time to think back on just the last nine months of your life. What did you see God do in your life, or in the lives of people you love?  I was reflecting on my junior year of college, and God is just so huge and so good and so great, I will never EVER deserve His love!  There is nothing I will ever do that will justify His love for me, but I know that He will never stop loving me either, and that's apparent in my life. Some names for God that were really sticking out to me were:

Father
Friend
Teacher
Healer
Planner
Keeper
Giver
Lover
Shepherd
King

Being a child of God is such a special thing.  "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me. It is high; I cannot attain it." Psalm 139:6

I'm home, and I love it. I've got my Millie and my mom and dad and my sleeping late but still being productive. And I have time to get ready for STP! Yesterday I worked on making some stuff for my team, whoever they might be!


I made them some headbands. I think they're pretty cute. I am really praying for these girls. I'm praying for closeness, vulnerability, teachability, laughter, love, and friendship for my team as a whole. I'm praying for transformation, growth, and truly an experience of who God is for each girl individually.
Please join in me doing the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment